Valentine's Day snuck up on me this year! If you find yourself in a similar pickle and baking is your love language, there's a 20 minute solution for you: A quick and easy recipe for simple shortbread cookies.Ingredients
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups flour
- sparkles for pizzazz
- Cream butter and sugar together with a fork.
- Add vanilla, mix.
- Add salt and flour, mix.
- Roll out.
- Cut into heart shapes for an emergency Valentine's Day treat.
- Place on baking tray lined with non-stick paper.
- Bake at 180C (350F) for 10 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet to cool on a wire rack or a plate.
- Try not to eat them all before giving them to your valentine. Or maybe just eat the broken ones. Break cookies, if necessary.
Warning: We made these when it was stinking hot outside so the butter got kind of liquidy and the cookies refused to move onto the cookie sheet without self-destructing. So they're a wee bit ugly. We shall use discretion and gift only to the valentines on our list whose love language is ugly cookies. To avoid this problem, you could make the cookies in Canada where there is no problem with liquidy butter on Valentine's Day.